Livewire Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left my driveway a few days ago on my 2020 ELW and had only made it about 50 yards when the “throttle” seemed to become unresponsive and I immediately got a “SHUTDOWN WARNING” on the screen. I came to a stop and shut it down manually, then started it back up. After going through the BIT, I then received a “CALL SERVICE” message, and was unable to start it. I then pushed it back to the garage and got in the car.

After returning home from work that evening, I turned it on again. This time, everything was normal except for a warning icon in the upper right corner where the ride mode is normally displayed. I was able to start it and ride around the neighborhood with no obvious problems. When I got back to the driveway, I cycled power once more and the warning icon was gone. Everything was back to normal, and I rode it to work the next day.

Is this a clue that something is getting ready to fail, or just a glitch in the matrix? Is it possible to download fault codes without taking it to the dealership (they’re 45 minutes away)? Thanks for any knowledge out there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
On my second day of owning my 2020 ELW, I had a similar situation. 6 months and 2k miles later, no issues. I have seen the shutting down warning pop up a couple times while riding, but it cleared on it's own quickly and I just kept riding. No problems were noted during my first 1k mile maintenance.

As for downloading fault codes or history from bike....no clue, though there must be a way I'd imagine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
On my second day of owning my 2020 ELW, I had a similar situation. 6 months and 2k miles later, no issues. I have seen the shutting down warning pop up a couple times while riding, but it cleared on it's own quickly and I just kept riding. No problems were noted during my first 1k mile maintenance.

As for downloading fault codes or history from bike....no clue, though there must be a way I'd imagine.
Almost the exact same thing for me. I just passed 17k miles, and it's only happened maybe five times.

·
Registered
89 Posts
happens once in a while. every time, I clear the codes and am ready to go.
each time, it seem to happen when I do too many things at once like flipping the switch at the same time of kicking the stand and raising the bike. I suspect that it triggers a race condition in the code which triggers the error codes because when you clear them, it all comes back to normal and codes don't come back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts