Livewire Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...it might be so. (Gotta go where the work is).

Questions please
  • are motorcycles charged less than cars for overnight parking in a parking building - the apartment that work has, has no parking security at all and indeed no place to park other than the street
  • where do you charge if you don't charge at home; are the big cities like Berlin, Frankfurt well equipped with chargers?
  • is riding in winter still feasible on the big well-trafficked roads; I do not mind cold weather, I'm used to riding an ATV in Russian winters for example; but I do not favor slip-sliding away on ice...

Any other Deutsche-related comments welcome!

·
Registered
6 Posts
...it might be so. (Gotta go where the work is).

Questions please
  • are motorcycles charged less than cars for overnight parking in a parking building - the apartment that work has, has no parking security at all and indeed no place to park other than the street
  • where do you charge if you don't charge at home; are the big cities like Berlin, Frankfurt well equipped with chargers?
  • is riding in winter still feasible on the big well-trafficked roads; I do not mind cold weather, I'm used to riding an ATV in Russian winters for example; but I do not favor slip-sliding away on ice...

Any other Deutsche-related comments welcome!
- unfortunately no price reduction for motorcycles, there are no differences. Much worse is the fact that we are often billed according to time (base is often 11kW), which makes slow charging very expensive.

- there are already many public charging options, but unfortunately operated by different operators = i.e. you need many charging cards ;-(

- I also drive through winter in Vienna and Berlin, there are only a few snow and ice days

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
- unfortunately no price reduction for motorcycles, there are no differences. Much worse is the fact that we are often billed according to time (base is often 11kW), which makes slow charging very expensive.

- there are already many public charging options, but unfortunately operated by different operators = i.e. you need many charging cards ;-(

- I also drive through winter in Vienna and Berlin, there are only a few snow and ice days
Thank you Greg, I appreciate the insights.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Weird experiences update. So now I am in Germany...

...and, usually when I was in the US and I'd walk into a dealership I'd be descended upon - not in a bad way - by people looking to take my money for a bike or goods'n'services, whether Rossmeyer's in FL or Black Hills in SD.

Even in the UK, in that most understated of quintessentially British H-D dealerships, Warr's, the same approach is taken albeit with a different coating. And home in NZ, ditto.

But here? No-one seems to want to take my money with any visible enthusiasm or degree of alacrity, not even quite a lot of it (comparatively speaking). C'mon meine Herren, is it because I don't dress like ya'll; my accent; or simply the fact that most of the vehicles parked outside the H-D dealership are in fact either upmarket Audis and Porsches and Beemers, or highly-accessorized gleamingly-polished low-mileage cruisers :) and I'm clearly not a prospective member of either clique...

Baffled, I am.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts