Livewire Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although there hasn't been much new information in regards to the LiveWire's electric motor, I was able to find some starting points for specs. Early reports suggest that we should be seeing around 74hp and 52lb-ft of torque in HD's first electric. This should allow it to accelerate from 0-60mph in less than 4 seconds and reach a top speed of 95mph.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Fortunately the 3-phase AC electric induction motor making the numbers you mentioned is still in R&D from last I checked and still not confirmed information, execs won't even talk about it.
Having rode a Street 750, the Livewire is a whole half section faster off the line, that for me is already enough, couldn't care for better 0-60.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Around 4 seconds is more than enough for me when it comes to city and maybe a bit of freeway riding. My biggest concern is how much power the battery can handle assuming hp is proportionate to how much electricity is consumed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well its probably better HD doesn't confirm any specs until they know they can deliver on them. There's definitely a big challenge with an electric bike in trying to properly balance power with efficiency. Any more power than what we're seeing in these early output figures and I think it may be too difficult for them to deliver on 100 miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts