Livewire Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although there hasn't been much new information in regards to the LiveWire's electric motor, I was able to find some starting points for specs. Early reports suggest that we should be seeing around 74hp and 52lb-ft of torque in HD's first electric. This should allow it to accelerate from 0-60mph in less than 4 seconds and reach a top speed of 95mph.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Fortunately the 3-phase AC electric induction motor making the numbers you mentioned is still in R&D from last I checked and still not confirmed information, execs won't even talk about it.
Having rode a Street 750, the Livewire is a whole half section faster off the line, that for me is already enough, couldn't care for better 0-60.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Around 4 seconds is more than enough for me when it comes to city and maybe a bit of freeway riding. My biggest concern is how much power the battery can handle assuming hp is proportionate to how much electricity is consumed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well its probably better HD doesn't confirm any specs until they know they can deliver on them. There's definitely a big challenge with an electric bike in trying to properly balance power with efficiency. Any more power than what we're seeing in these early output figures and I think it may be too difficult for them to deliver on 100 miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought one last week. Paid too much, have endured sweaty nights of buyers remorse and now I’m blown away by this manic ride. Name your poison at the push of the mode switch. They’ll sell to odballs like me and there are multitudes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts