Livewire Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stock seat is a torture device that limits my enjoyment of riding. While I am leaning toward a Corbin seat, I am not quite ready yet to pull the trigger. I am concerned about the size of the seat pocket as I am pretty scrunched in that area front to back and need more legroom. I wrote them and wanted to see if they would make a "high" version, or at a minimum make sure it isn't any lower than stock.

The last thing I need is less legroom. Too many years of motorcycle racing and off-road riding have done a number on my knees. So I want to keep the precious legroom I have and if possible increase it. I would like to get at least an inch or more. I am looking at some sort of lowering pegs but I digress and back to the seat.

In the interim I bought an inflatable seat cushion similar to the Airhawks I have on other bikes. This is the first time I've bought something other than the original Airhawk and it was much better than I thought. I spent some time playing around with it before setting out for a ride. Spent a good hour riding with my son. My butt could have easily done another hour. My knees went from being painful after about 10 min to at least 20 before I needed to stretch them.

I took the basic cushion and threw one of the sheepskin seat covers I had laying around on top of and it worked out far better than I thought it would have. It has me rethinking if I need to ditch the stock seat. The cushion raised me up in the valley of the seat and my chestnuts aren't getting crushed as much now. A bit more leg room and I could likely get through an entire tank of electrons without needing to stretch my legs of give me butt a break.

For about $80 all in, it might be a great way to go for others. On the bang for the buck scale, it definitely beats a replacement seat at the moment. Might be a good option for the people with the LiveWire 1 where Corbin isn't an option yet. Now to find some pegs that will give me a bit more legroom.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The stock seat is a torture device that limits my enjoyment of riding. While I am leaning toward a Corbin seat, I am not quite ready yet to pull the trigger. I am concerned about the size of the seat pocket as I am pretty scrunched in that area front to back and need more legroom. I wrote them and wanted to see if they would make a "high" version, or at a minimum make sure it isn't any lower than stock.

The last thing I need is less legroom. Too many years of motorcycle racing and off-road riding have done a number on my knees. So I want to keep the precious legroom I have and if possible increase it. I would like to get at least an inch or more. I am looking at some sort of lowering pegs but I digress and back to the seat.

In the interim I bought an inflatable seat cushion similar to the Airhawks I have on other bikes. This is the first time I've bought something other than the original Airhawk and it was much better than I thought. I spent some time playing around with it before setting out for a ride. Spent a good hour riding with my son. My butt could have easily done another hour. My knees went from being painful after about 10 min to at least 20 before I needed to stretch them.

I took the basic cushion and threw one of the sheepskin seat covers I had laying around on top of and it worked out far better than I thought it would have. It has me rethinking if I need to ditch the stock seat. The cushion raised me up in the valley of the seat and my chestnuts aren't getting crushed as much now. A bit more leg room and I could likely get through an entire tank of electrons without needing to stretch my legs of give me butt a break.

For about $80 all in, it might be a great way to go for others. On the bang for the buck scale, it definitely beats a replacement seat at the moment. Might be a good option for the people with the LiveWire 1 where Corbin isn't an option yet. Now to find some pegs that will give me a bit more legroom.
You can either order a custom saddle from a company like Corbin Seats, or get an air hawk/sheep skin/etc

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already did the faux Airhawk and a sheepskin. Rode for about 90 minutes with my son and it was much better. Still need more legroom or highway pegs.

Leaning a lot less toward a Corbin unless it gives me more legroom. I don't mind spending the money to do it but not sure I'll get the result I want with it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I already did the faux Airhawk and a sheepskin. Rode for about 90 minutes with my son and it was much better. Still need more legroom or highway pegs.

Leaning a lot less toward a Corbin unless it gives me more legroom. I don't mind spending the money to do it but not sure I'll get the result I want with it.
It will give a little bit of leg room, but nothing terribly noticeable. I still get hot spots every now and then with the Corbin, but usually when it's hot out since it's all leather

1 - 4 of 4 Posts