Livewire Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I posted the pic of the battery way back in March of 2020. The only purpose of the 12v battery is to turn on the electronics and lights.As stated in this forum many times and many threads the 12v battery is the weak link of the Livewire.
Thanks for posting it. And thanks for saying out loud what I think a few of us have realized is the truth.

·
Registered
Livewire
20 Posts
Eric,

How long have you been using your charger? Do you only hook it up occasionally or is it hooked up most of the time?

John
for the moment 2 times per months without riding,anyway the charger Optimate Lithium LFP 4S 0.8 Amp is stopping automaticaly the charge when ok and switching to survey cycles mode.
Now I'm riding approx 80 km/week, today 13,11 V so ok. My pronostic is one time per month. I will survey the voltage if I note a decrease before pluging the charger.
I prefer to play like this rather then risking a definitive stop due to this small batt.

After this lesson learn I will perhaps adapt = 1 charge per month without riding and No charge if approx 250km per month.

Eric

21 - 22 of 22 Posts