Livewire Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone successfully got their bike to show the charging is locked while using the security Inlet (a little rubber piece found under the seat, at least for the 2022 Livewire One)?

I can't seem to figure it out. I followed the instructions in the manual. But the charging lock symbol stays open on the screen. Even when the key fob is out of range, I can walk right up and pull the supplied charger right out. Would be easy for someone to stop the charging session or simply steal charger.

Cheers!

· Registered
2020, Harley Davidson LiveWire
317 Posts
Has anyone successfully got their bike to show the charging is locked while using the security Inlet (a little rubber piece found under the seat, at least for the 2022 Livewire One)?

I can't seem to figure it out. I followed the instructions in the manual. But the charging lock symbol stays open on the screen. Even when the key fob is out of range, I can walk right up and pull the supplied charger right out. Would be easy for someone to stop the charging session or simply steal charger.

Cheers!
I have been back and forth with HDMC on this and while they understand what it's for, no one can figure out how to use it.
I think they put the cart before the horse on that one. :D

· Super Moderator
399 Posts
God this is so classic. Man it is some interesting to see what HD is good at and how bad they are at other stuff. Hopefully LW is hiring people that get this other side of things. They really seem to be slow playing a lead. It is very strange path they have charted.

· Registered
120 Posts
I’ve not tested it, but isn’t it supposed to lock the EVSE in place once the FOB is no longer in range? I’ve never tested it, but the idea was that you could lock your EVSE to the bike if you had to charge it overnight on a street or public space (or anytime you charge it in public I suppose).

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve not tested it, but isn’t it supposed to lock the EVSE in place once the FOB is no longer in range? I’ve never tested it, but the idea was that you could lock your EVSE to the bike if you had to charge it overnight on a street or public space (or anytime you charge it in public I suppose).
Yes, that's the idea but I can't seem to get it to engage the lock, even with my key fob out of range.

I had my doubts when I first picked up the little rubber piece 🤣

Btw, love your videos. Keep up the good work.

· Registered
120 Posts
Yes, that's the idea but I can't seem to get it to engage the lock, even with my key fob out of range.

I had my doubts when I first picked up the little rubber piece 🤣

Btw, love your videos. Keep up the good work.
Ah, good to know. Seems that feature was left on the concept board! :LOL: Thanks! I really enjoy making them!

· Registered
2020 H-D LiveWire
84 Posts
DK what you've tried but here's what works for me (more or less per the owner's manual) on my H-D ELW (not an LW1):
1. With the fob within range, install the rubber insert.
2. Plug the charger into the bike
3. Charge.
4. After charging, again with the fob within range, remove the rubber insert.
5. Unplug the charger from the bike.
6. Put everything away.
7. Ride!
Hope this helps, good luck!

· Registered
2020, Harley Davidson LiveWire
317 Posts
DK what you've tried but here's what works for me (more or less per the owner's manual) on my H-D ELW (not an LW1):
1. With the fob within range, install the rubber insert.
2. Plug the charger into the bike
3. Charge.
4. After charging, again with the fob within range, remove the rubber insert.
5. Unplug the charger from the bike.
6. Put everything away.
7. Ride!
Hope this helps, good luck!
while those are the instructions for use, I believe the issue is more that it's not locking the charge cable in place (anti-theft) when your fob is not near. Sadly I can remove every plug I've tried, without the fob anywhere near.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts