Livewire Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hey all,I’ve attached a photo. Has anyone had this on the display? Security light is solid and range icon is an exclamation mark. Propulsion is enabled and functioning. Cheers.
I get the exclamation icon if I move the bike before I hit the run button. Just cycle the off/run switch to get rid of it. If security light is always on take it to service as it could be a problem with the alarm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I get the exclamation icon if I move the bike before I hit the run button. Just cycle the off/run switch to get rid of it. If security light is always on take it to service as it could be a problem with the alarm.
Thanks for the reply!

I stopped at a dealer who did a quick diagnostic and completed a system software update. These 2 lights indicate a ride display mismatch. Propulsion was always normal though so probably a glitch. I seem to recall reading about updating the software in the owner manual. Will look into that later. It does have a USB.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks for the reply!

I stopped at a dealer who did a quick diagnostic and completed a system software update. These 2 lights indicate a ride display mismatch. Propulsion was always normal though so probably a glitch. I seem to recall reading about updating the software in the owner manual. Will look into that later. It does have a USB.
Be careful with the software updates. Last update had a bug that prevented Level 3 fast charge from completing. It would disconnect after a few minutes. Harley never came out with a fix as they just told their dealers not to do the update. The buggy version is OBC software update version 2.7.134.2. Go to your dealer and see if you can complete a fast charge. Also ask your service department if they know about this issue. Safe rides.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Exact same thing here

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The red light could indicate a weak fob battery. And what mode are you in?
From what I understand, if the FOB battery is low, the display will indicate that with "Low FOB Battery".

Just for info, I've counted 3 different spots where the manual indicates if the security light remains on while propulsion engaged to see the dealer. My guess with that is it's a way to communicate a fault outside the 3 main alerts/faults displayed on the TFT: EV Alert, EV Fault, MIL. In my case, the main fault code that came back was ride mode mismatch and I suppose that's why the mode icon was an exclamation point along with the solid security light.

To answer your question, I've been in range mode since delivery. Despite the display indicating there was some mismatch, the acceleration felt like the correct mode. I definitely know what sport feels like (ridiculous) and street and rain modes are fairly distinctive to vs range mode. It does sound like a software issue as it is all software driving these motors.

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Be careful with the software updates. Last update had a bug that prevented Level 3 fast charge from completing. It would disconnect after a few minutes. Harley never came out with a fix as they just told their dealers not to do the update. The buggy version is OBC software update version 2.7.134.2. Go to your dealer and see if you can complete a fast charge. Also ask your service department if they know about this issue. Safe rides.
Great to know, thanks.

Believe it or not, and I'll be nice here by not mentioning the dealer's name, I went to plug in at Harley after the service to complete my first Level 3 charge. No better place to jump in you'd think...but the charger didn't work. But that's not too surprising, it happens. The ridiculous part is the tech told me they haven't bothered to hook it up. It's been offline for a long time. How do they expect to convince folks to buy the bike and not support charging it?

Cheers!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Great to know, thanks.

Believe it or not, and I'll be nice here by not mentioning the dealer's name, I went to plug in at Harley after the service to complete my first Level 3 charge. No better place to jump in you'd think...but the charger didn't work. But that's not too surprising, it happens. The ridiculous part is the tech told me they haven't bothered to hook it up. It's been offline for a long time. How do they expect to convince folks to buy the bike and not support charging it?

Cheers!
Just be sure to check on any level 3 charger. You don't want to be stuck away from home and have to charge up on Level1.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey all,I’ve attached a photo. Has anyone had this on the display? Security light is solid and range icon is an exclamation mark. Propulsion is enabled and functioning. Cheers.
That’ll happen whenever you get on the bike and lift it from the side stand without flipping the run switch to the on position. It took me a little getting used to, but best practice is to turn the run switch to the on position before mounting the motorcycle. What’s happening is the security system is semi activating before the bike is powering on.

·
Registered
175 Posts
That’ll happen whenever you get on the bike and lift it from the side stand without flipping the run switch to the on position. It took me a little getting used to, but best practice is to turn the run switch to the on position before mounting the motorcycle. What’s happening is the security system is semi activating before the bike is powering on.
Hi Desi. Has Harley told you anything about the buggy software?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Desi. Has Harley told you anything about the buggy software?
Nothing that I’ve heard of. I updated my software to the latest version a few weeks back and noticed I’m getting much better range than before. No issues with charging, I mostly use the 110v wall charger and the DC fast charge maybe once a week.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nothing that I’ve heard of. I updated my software to the latest version a few weeks back and noticed I’m getting much better range than before. No issues with charging, I mostly use the 110v wall charger and the DC fast charge maybe once a week.
Several members on the forum could not fast charge on the buggy software. Sure you have the software mentioned above?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been testing this out for the past week and so far I've had no further issues so that seems to be the cause, I hope. Thanks for the tip! I returned from the dealer last week after the service where they updated the software and had the same issue the very next morning. They were going to look into it, but I haven't heard back.

If that is in fact the cause and remedy, Harley need to update the software. I was browsing the manual today (searching for Trip K that isn't on my display) and noticed even Harley indicates to raise the stand before pressing OFF/RUN in their Startup procedure. Also odd that it would hold a code (B2313 -Ride Display Mismatch) and various other secondary error codes (according to dealer) if the issue is related to a security trigger.

But, I'm happy if all is well and it's hardly a big deal if that corrects the issue. I expect minor glitches. I love the bike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Several members on the forum could not fast charge on the buggy software. Sure you have the software mentioned above?
The last update is version 2.7.134.2 released May 26, 2020. This is the version I have.... after updating the software the bike has to be reset and power cycled a couple times to ensure no issues.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts