Livewire Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's great! And really interesting that it helps noticably with range; I wouldn't have expected that much of an improvement. The real question is: how do you like that Corbin seat?
I have been happy with the Corbin seat comfort wise, but I was ok with the factory seat too. I mainly picked one up for the aesthetics. If you are not happy with the factory seat, the Corbin is worth checking out.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you have to change your riding position at all with this windscreen?
I'm 5'6" and in my most upright, relaxed position, just the top half to 1/3rd of helmet is in the wind. If I lean forward/crouch just a little and I am completely shielded. On the Interstates, I find myself leaning forward a bit minimize turbulent wind on the top of my helmet but it is minimal. If you are taller, I imagine it would be worse.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Both the windscreen and seat look great! Were both straightforward bolt on parts or was modification needed?
The windscreen is a universal bolt on right to the handle bars, no extra tools or mods needed. The screen came with everything. As for the seat....it is supposed to be a simple bolt on affair, but Corbin made it interesting by attaching the mount on it backwards and getting other areas of to sit correctly require shaving down the rubber bumpers under it. FYI, reverting back to the factory seat is possible.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How many miles do you have on it, with the windshield?
A little over 600 miles so far spread over 3 days/rides. The first 2 rides were mostly Interstate journeys to tweak and adjust its position. The third was a mix, heading out about 60 miles on backroads and then sprinting back on the Interstate.

While clickin through Youtube, I found Dnz vlogging his Livewire rides and he installed a Gauntlet Fairing. Sadly he gives zero information about the fairing (which brand is it?) or installing it, which leads me to assume it was easy or else he would have most likely said something.

Here are some screen caps of Dnz's Gauntlet fairing mod.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Fuel tank
Automotive parking light Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
14 Posts
A little over 600 miles so far spread over 3 days/rides. The first 2 rides were mostly Interstate journeys to tweak and adjust its position. The third was a mix, heading out about 60 miles on backroads and then sprinting back on the Interstate.

While clickin through Youtube, I found Dnz vlogging his Livewire rides and he installed a Gauntlet Fairing. Sadly he gives zero information about the fairing (which brand is it?) or installing it, which leads me to assume it was easy or else he would have most likely said something.

Here are some screen caps of Dnz's Gauntlet fairing mod.
View attachment 1050 View attachment 1051 View attachment 1052
That looks like a Memphis Shades Gauntlet fairing with a Laminar Lip attached. I'm sorry, I can't be certain which models they are (if I'm correct about the brands). Would be really good to know more details and whether DNZ is happy with the result.

· Registered
102 Posts
Hi All

Back a few yrs. Ago I adapted a GiviAirflow 2 for a cross country run.
I loved it so much that years later I kept it a a permanent fixture on the bike for my commutting around town.

Here are some of the benetifs are great I gained...

1. Range
    [*]Less Air Resistance on the bike and body
    [*]Safety from debris
    [*]Ride more up right (with the help of mny risers as well)
    [*]This givi has an adjutable height mechanism
    [*]The top half can be removed when I want to track the bike.

etc....

A proper wind deflector is a key tool in my opinion, when installing one you need to ask yourself what do I want to accomplish

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Land vehicle Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle
Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle handlebar

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts