Livewire Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yeah it looks like they relocated some electronics to where the old latch was. Looks like maybe I could swap the latch plate on the stock seat for the Corbin on but hard to know if the pan will be too high. I guess I will just go with my custom. So hard to know how it is gonna end up. But buy local I guess.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah it looks like they relocated some electronics to where the old latch was. Looks like maybe I could swap the latch plate on the stock seat for the Corbin on but hard to know if the pan will be too high. I guess I will just go with my custom. So hard to know how it is gonna end up. But buy local I guess.
Under the seat is drastically different, as is the locking mechanism. On Corbin's site, they have "coming soon" for the LWOne, however it's been there for quite some time.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I asked an they basically said they need to borrow someone`s livewire for a week or buy one. Looks like the custom guy knows what he is doing. 6 hour riding in appointment about an hour south of portland. $600 depending on materials. Probably better in the end to get something specific. Down side is loosing the stock saddle.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have to say I am a big fan of Corbins. I had other saddles as well but keep coming back. The challenge is it is a one size fits most. I've also had good luck with Russell and Sargent. I put a Corbin on a bike I bought in 2014 and about 35k miles later it is finally starting to separate.

It has been through my 2 sons who pretty much left it out in the elements when they had it for the last 5 years. I have to say though the seat itself is still as comfortable as when I broke it in. Most of my Corbin have taken about 1k miles to break in. Out of the 20 I've owned, 18 have been about perfect for me. Two of the canted me a bit more toward the tank than I'd like. The other downside for me of them is the base is pretty heavy. So typically adding one has added a few pounds to the bike over the stock seat (but not all the time).

One plus that might matter is they offer heat for a lot of their seats. I have factory heated seats on some of my bikes but I have to say I don't use it much. If it gets that cold now, I am probably not going to ride. OTOH I love heated grips. They really extend my riding season.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts