Livewire Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was notified by my local HD dealership that I need to bring my Livewire in for a software update. I'm scheduled in two weeks. Does anybody have any info on what is up. The dealer didn't know, the software won't be there for a week or two. Thanks,

Gordon

·
Registered
62 Posts
is this the same update as on the HD website under downloads?

LIVEWIRE INSTRUMENT MODULE
VERSION: 01.02.00-02 RELEASE DATE: 09/30/2020

HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE LATEST SOFTWARE

1. Use a PC and insert a USB-C flash drive that is 8GB or larger.
  2. Download the software update on your computer.
  3. Unzip the downloaded file to extract the gpg file. The gpg file must be at the root directory of your USB drive in order for it to be detected by the instrument module. Only one gpg file should be present at the root directory level.
  4. See Your Motorcycle > Primary Controls and Service Components > Controls and Service Components. Connect USB-C drive to motorcycle.
  5. Refer to SETTINGS > SYSTEM > ABOUT > FACTORY OPTIONS. Select UPDATE SOFTWARE.
  6. Allow update to complete.
  7. Remove USB-C drive.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has everyone successfully installed an software update? I just downloaded the latest version and getting ready to install it on my Livewire. The instructions seem straight forward. I performed update on systems as part of my job. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
nope... me a a friend tried to no avail... Harley tried to, to no avail, they had a 3h call with Milwaukee and ended up ordering a new IM for my ride :(
Phil

·
Registered
26 Posts
WOW!

I will give it a try and let you know what happens. The latest version of the software is 02.02.00. I copied file to a USB C drive. More to come.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Good Morning Everyone,

Good News!

I was able to get the instrument display panel update to work. The below instructions are correct except number 2, letter b. “Only one gps file should be present at the root directory level" ; this is incorrect; two files need to be in the root directory level on the USB drive. See below. The update will take about 10 minutes to complete. The software files can be downloaded from the following link after you login. Harley-Davidson USA

Rectangle Font Eyelash Brand Magenta

HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE LATEST SOFTWARE
  1. Use a PC and insert a USB-C flash drive that is 8GB or larger.
  2. Download the software update on your computer.
  3. Unzip the downloaded file to extract the gpg file. The gpg file must be at the root directory of your USB drive in order for it to be detected by the instrument module. Only one gpg file should be present at the root directory level.
  4. See Your Motorcycle > Primary Controls and Service Components > Controls and Service Components. Connect USB-C drive to motorcycle.
  5. Refer to SETTINGS > SYSTEM > ABOUT > FACTORY OPTIONS. Select UPDATE SOFTWARE.
  6. Allow update to complete.
  7. Remove USB-C drive.

My Livewire is now on software version 02.02.00-02

I will be more than happy to assist anyone if you have questions. :)

Automotive lighting Font Display device Automotive exterior Electronic device

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
HI Megatron....
what file system is your thumb drive on? I have tried with FAT32 and exFat to no avail :-(

·
Registered
26 Posts
The file system is NTFS.
I'm using a Sandisk Cruzer 3.0 flash drive that is connected to a USB female to USB-C adapter.

I would change the file system to NTFS. Let me know if that works. I can also send you the make and model of everything I'm using.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I tried with another one on NTFS to no avail :-( what does the update display look like? does it tell you it's updating?
perhaps my IM really is fried :-( dang.... I see the green led on my flash drive lit up so there is electricity on the USB-C but still nothing when I press update.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It does say its updating. I should have taken more screenshots. When you select software update it does take about a minute for it to start. At first, it did not look like it was doing anything but it started updating.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sure. There is a software update you can perform on the display. The files can be downloaded from Harley-Davidson USA. You will need to enter the VIN number for your Livewire. Once that is completed you can go to the "Owner's manuals" section to get the software for your Livewire. See screenshot below. You want the two files located in "SWDL_LW_HD_INST" folder.

Font Screenshot Software Rectangle Electronic device

Let me know if this helps.

·
Registered
Livewire
64 Posts
Hello Megatron, can you see differences comparing to the 01.02.00-02 ? thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Good Question. The panel looks exactly the same. I was trying to find if they had a release note on what the update contains. I will let you know if I find anything. More to come.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That worked! The update implies it only updates the instrument module. Does that mean things like the battery management module, etc, do not get updated? Are those separate or can't be user updated?

·
Registered
26 Posts
There are some things the dealer has to update like the ECU. I will try to get a list of items we can update vs. what the dealer has to update. More to come.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts