Livewire Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am hopefully picking up a LiveWire this week. I have some questions that maybe someone can answer?
My inside leg is 29 to 30 inches on a good day. During the test drive it was difficult for me to flat foot on the road, and also the pegs were exactly where I want to put my feet down at the lights - so pegs either hitting my shins or calf muscles. I currently ride a 48 and the pegs are forward set, so no problem - also have a single leather seat which is curved and low, so no problem again with putting my feet down.
Do you know if anyone makes a kit that can slightly forward set or rear set the pegs and rear brake?
Will the LiveWire Low-Profile Seat, or a Corbin custom-made seat make a real difference in seat to road height?
I found the mirrors are useless - I spent a very unsettling time constantly looking at my shoulders. Can the mirrors be under hung, same as the 48?
Thanking you in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello. I am hopefully picking up a LiveWire this week. I have some questions that maybe someone can answer?
My inside leg is 29 to 30 inches on a good day. During the test drive it was difficult for me to flat foot on the road, and also the pegs were exactly where I want to put my feet down at the lights - so pegs either hitting my shins or calf muscles. I currently ride a 48 and the pegs are forward set, so no problem - also have a single leather seat which is curved and low, so no problem again with putting my feet down.
Do you know if anyone makes a kit that can slightly forward set or rear set the pegs and rear brake?
Will the LiveWire Low-Profile Seat, or a Corbin custom-made seat make a real difference in seat to road height?
I found the mirrors are useless - I spent a very unsettling time constantly looking at my shoulders. Can the mirrors be under hung, same as the 48?
The Corbin seat I have it’s much better then Harley-Davidson seat don’t known if it is low profile ask Corbin as far as moving foot pegs nothing yet. They are very slow at making add on accessories I am looking for a wind screen for two years. Not looking for a multi fit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes the low profile seat drops the height a bit more than the stock. Someone sells highway pegs that are forward but the regular pegs are still there because the rear brake is still there. If you move the rear brake to the left handlebar, you could then Remove both stock foot pegs and use the highway pegs exclusively.

·
Registered
2020, Harley Davidson LiveWire
161 Posts
...move the rear brake to the left handlebar...
OMG... I ride ICE still also.. and I am just imagining what might happen if I smash/grab the left lever thinking it's a clutch.
I mean, my other ride is a foot clutch, but my wife's is a hand clutch, so I'm ALL over the place! I sometimes rely on visual cues for that.. 'cause "my" ICE ride doesn't have a clutch lever - (I completely removed it when I swapped it to a foot clutch), so I never get that wrong, and the ELW, what no need... but if I "see" one, then I'm on one of my wife's bike's and know where I need to clutch.

I would probably totally be a dumb @$$ at least once and grab that lever hard thinking I'm clutching from muscle memory and bite it. :/

I'd much rather remove the top brake lever(s) and combine the single foot brake with the front and have speed and conditions (being a "smart" bike) evenly break for me (like a car does.)

·
Registered
2020 H-D LiveWire
13 Posts
Has anyone tried bar-end mirrors — H-D’s or aftermarket? Any feedback? If so, how did you deal with the grips — replaced or modified?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had an HD 48 with underhung mirrors. Decided to do this with the LiveWire. Perfect for me. And at no cost. Just remember to put the star washer under the nut. Don't let them hit the petrol tank at full lock!
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Wheel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts