Livewire Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
Is there a way to remotely stop a fast charge?
some cars have a function to stop charging at 90%
with the livewire on a BRCC, 90% comes quickly and running from my breakfast to stop the charge is a bit of a bummer :)

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
Level 2 home chargers have more functionality and programmabity.

But why would you want to stop at 90%. It already rolls off charge rate in the last 20% on Level 3. And the Level 1 charge is slow and easy.

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
because the fees on Electric Circuit BRCC here double after reaching 90% :-( going from 12.57$ CAN and hour to 24$ an hour.
But how do they have any idea what your charge percentage is, if you are using the simple Level 1 charger from the bike?

A Level 2 might talk ro a utility company, but the Level 1 Livewire connector doesnt appear to have any external smart functionality.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
because the charge port also has a communication channel. before charge even start, there is a communications established with the charger (level 1 to 3) to modulate power and exchange charge information like percentage, temperature of the battery kWh usage, etc etc.
I do have the level 1 charger, but when on a road trip like the one I have tomorrow, I have to rely on BRCC (level 3) to quick charge the bike at least 4 times.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts