Livewire Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know how long Livewire battery keeps charge if bike is stored? Better to keep it plugged in or not if storing for a month? Any risk of overcharging?

·
Registered
2020, Harley Davidson LiveWire
131 Posts
according to the manual, top it up to 70% (keep it between 30-70%) and you should be good.
Check on it remotely to see if it's getting close to 30%... but to be honest, it takes a LONG time to trickle/drain.

It's MUCH simpler to "store" this bike, for sure!

You can also find all this info in the owners manual on page 128 and 129.
Hope that helps

·
Registered
100 Posts
I hardly notice any drop in Battery %. Been storing it for a couple months and its only dropped a few %.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I agree, mine has been stored since November 26th, 2020. Put it away at 68%, I check my app every few days still at 68%. As already mentioned by others, manual says between 30% and 70% for storage. If it drops, charge it back between these. This is for if you aren’t using for over a month. In the summer time, leaving It plugged in should be fine as far as I have read.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
according to the manual, top it up to 70% (keep it between 30-70%) and you should be good.
Check on it remotely to see if it's getting close to 30%... but to be honest, it takes a LONG time to trickle/drain.

It's MUCH simpler to "store" this bike, for sure!

You can also find all this info in the owners manual on page 128 and 129.
Hope that helps

View attachment 534
Thanks. Just got the bike and manual today!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anybody know how long Livewire battery keeps charge if bike is stored? Better to keep it plugged in or not if storing for a month? Any risk of overcharging?
I live in Michigan and I have not plugged my LiveWire up since mid November and it is at 97%. I keep it in my non heated garage. I do check it everyday just to see if it's holding it's charge. I know it's a over kill, but what can you say, it's new, and very little is known about the LiveWire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts