Livewire Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestion on a tank bag which will be easy to move to charge?
the nice tank bags with fixation on the tank cap is out of question unfortunately.
wish we'd have an adapter for the charge port.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I really like the Cub Cadet electric zero turn with one reservation. When I first used this mower I assumed my experience using my gas powered zero turn would transfer over. It didn’t. Initially I was concerned I made a big mistake because I couldn’t get this mower to go in a straight line just like when I got my first zero turn. I kept at it and after a month I was able to drive the ZT1-42E nearly as well as my old gas-hydraulic zero turn but my brain had to relearn it all over from scratch. It’s just like riding a bicycle the first time, it took practice. I get an occasional error code that so far always resolves by removing the key and reinserting it or cleaning the deck. The deck design is great as it can be removed and installed easier than any mower I’ve owned previously. I’m on my 2nd season with no breakdowns but I’d appreciate if replacement parts were all listed on the website for when presumably someday I’ll need some. I purchased a replacement set of blades from the Cub Cadet website and tried the extreme mulching blades listed as compatible rather than the direct replacement blades. If you have a small yard the extreme blades cut well and mulch better but they drain the battery twice as fast. My yard is probably 1.5 acre and in most cases it cuts the entire lawn with 25-30% battery remaining with the original blades. I really like this mower but like most things there’s room for improvement in the drivability.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I really like the Cub Cadet electric zero turn with one reservation. When I first used this mower I assumed my experience using my gas powered zero turn would transfer over. It didn’t. Initially I was concerned I made a big mistake because I couldn’t get this mower to go in a straight line just like when I got my first zero turn. I kept at it and after a month I was able to drive the ZT1-42E nearly as well as my old gas-hydraulic zero turn but my brain had to relearn it all over from scratch. It’s just like riding a bicycle the first time, it took practice. I get an occasional error code that so far always resolves by removing the key and reinserting it or cleaning the deck. The deck design is great as it can be removed and installed easier than any mower I’ve owned previously. I’m on my 2nd season with no breakdowns but I’d appreciate if replacement parts were all listed on the website for when presumably someday I’ll need some. I purchased a replacement set of blades from the Cub Cadet website and tried the extreme mulching blades listed as compatible rather than the direct replacement blades. If you have a small yard the extreme blades cut well and mulch better but they drain the battery twice as fast. My yard is probably 1.5 acre and in most cases it cuts the entire lawn with 25-30% battery remaining with the original blades. I really like this mower but like most things there’s room for improvement in the drivability.
Thanks for the insight Sargon - I still have to check with our local dealer about availability, pricing, etc. I'm hoping to trade a larger three point hitch hay mower that my father-in-law used to use. We'll see if they're up for that. We have anywhere between 1 and 3 acres to mow - more if we 'want' to. This year we've been leaving larger areas long; nice effect of paths + wild flowers. Not so nice is more bugs closer to the house. Ah well. I've never driven a zero-turn, so it will be all new learning curve for me if/when it happens!

·
Registered
2020 H-D LiveWire
55 Posts
Thanks for the insight Sargon - I still have to check with our local dealer about availability, pricing, etc. I'm hoping to trade a larger three point hitch hay mower that my father-in-law used to use. We'll see if they're up for that. We have anywhere between 1 and 3 acres to mow - more if we 'want' to. This year we've been leaving larger areas long; nice effect of paths + wild flowers. Not so nice is more bugs closer to the house. Ah well. I've never driven a zero-turn, so it will be all new learning curve for me if/when it happens!
I'm not sure what this has to do with the LiveWire, tank bags, or for that matter, anything motorcycle related -- did I miss something?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm not sure what this has to do with the LiveWire, tank bags, or for that matter, anything motorcycle related -- did I miss something?
I just noticed the mower in the background of one of the photos and asked about it. It's not motorcycle, LiveWire or tank bag related. Sorry. It is an electric zero turn mower, so it's EV related, I suppose.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You use the rain cover or is it good enough without?
Depends on how heavy the rain is ;) the rain cover is in a really convenient location and is really easy to throw on. I wouldn't use it without the cover in rain. The rain cover works quite well at lower speeds. However on the highway, there is a little bit of water that will bleed through. If you have a glossy tank finish, it will get worn over time, but not terrible.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts