Livewire Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Livewire
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new ELW and super stoked about getting some rides in!

Quick question on charging (I looked through the forum, but didn’t see this answered yet...apologies if it’s a duplicate)

I also have a Tesla and while I know the Tesla Level 2 home / destination chargers aren’t going to be faster than the L1, has anyone used something like the TeslaTap to charge their Livewire at home or on the road?

Thanks!

Andrew

·
Registered
100 Posts
I also have Tesla and almost bought one of these. If I recall correctly, I believe I read somewhere that it works. I dont see why it wouldn’t.

·
Registered
2020 Livewire
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is kind of what I was thinking. Don’t see anything that would keep it from working either.

·
Registered
2020 Livewire
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Btw, for all that are interested, the TeslaTap works perfectly with the ELW. I ended up getting the TeslaTap Mini as it will fit under the seat with the standard charger. Works perfectly!

·
Registered
2020 Livewire
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Following instructions is very important! Plug it into the Tesla charger and wait 30 seconds before plugging it into the bike. I got over zealous once and plugged straight into Tesla and then the bike and it didn’t work. Had to unplug both and follow the procedure. Have charged several times with 100% success.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts