Livewire Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am used to way more traction under my feet on my two wheeled vehicles. Anything I should consider with swapping these?

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
101 Posts
I put Giles footrests on mine (UF-23-KIT).

I used the same mounting joint as for a BMW S1000RR. The Livewire footrest spring has a different end than the BMW, so I drilled the mounting joint to accept the Livewire spring, and....

Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Crankset

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure I have the setup to do the drilling. You remember what sized but you used?

But now that I see the price I think I will work my way up to those...

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
101 Posts
Not sure I have the setup to do the drilling. You remember what sized but you used?

But now that I see the price I think I will work my way up to those...
I hand drilled them at the track. It was easy to do with a good bit and patience. I was in a hurry though, so I just picked the bit that matched the spring diameter. I didnt look at the size but it only needs to be big enough to insert the end of the spring in, like the stock footrest.

The Giles are fully adjustable for forward angle.

And they are grippy.

Quality does cone at a price., though yes I did get them at a discounted price through California Superbike School

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those do look like the right solution. But I think for now I just want commuting security rather then what those are clearly designed for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts