Livewire Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I turned down my throttle from 50 to 10 and it is so much more pleasant to ride around. Regen kick in is gentler. Low speed practice is way better. I am worried I am tuning my brain to a particular setting for the throttle that it won't be great later when I turn it up.

For the advanced riders in the community when do you like quick throttle response and when do you like it slow? It is an interesting thing I have never had to consider. Typically I would want shorter throw rather then longer. But all the power I have turned on is still there it is just a bit longer of a twist.

Of course the behavior of the bike is something like throttle x power. So changing either of these will change the behavior. I wonder what the limit of the throw of the throttle is. 1/2 turn whatever. Then how much changing those setting shorten or lengthen it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
So I turned down my throttle from 50 to 10 and it is so much more pleasant to ride around. Regen kick in is gentler. Low speed practice is way better. I am worried I am tuning my brain to a particular setting for the throttle that it won't be great later when I turn it up.

For the advanced riders in the community when do you like quick throttle response and when do you like it slow? It is an interesting thing I have never had to consider. Typically I would want shorter throw rather then longer. But all the power I have turned on is still there it is just a bit longer of a twist.

Of course the behavior of the bike is something like throttle x power. So changing either of these will change the behavior. I wonder what the limit of the throw of the throttle is. 1/2 turn whatever. Then how much changing those setting shorten or lengthen it.
I've kept my throttle and power at 0% for the last few months. I can't think of a situation where I need them set at anything different. Even with both at the lowest setting, I still have no issues overtaking vehicles on the interstate or have felt the low settings put me at a disadvantage.

If anything, a low throttle and power settings have given me 15-25 miles of additional range. Granted this is all throttle control, and could still be managed otherwise - however the margin of error is less with the throttle set to 0.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've kept my throttle and power at 0% for the last few months. I can't think of a situation where I need them set at anything different. Even with both at the lowest setting, I still have no issues overtaking vehicles on the interstate or have felt the low settings put me at a disadvantage.

If anything, a low throttle and power settings have given me 15-25 miles of additional range. Granted this is all throttle control, and could still be managed otherwise - however the margin of error is less with the throttle set to 0.
Huh maybe I will drift down instead of up? I wish I knew what 1-100 power meant? I think I get the throttle now.

·
Registered
111 Posts

If I wanted an electric moped I'd have bought one. ;)

I did find that even the eco setting was spunkier than I thought it would be. I think the problem for me is if I dial it back to much, I'll miss my other vehicles too much that are already quicker than it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I did find that even the eco setting was spunkier than I thought it would be. I think the problem for me is if I dial it back to much, I'll miss my other vehicles too much that are already quicker than it.
Well you are combining the two like Adv did. My questions is mostly about how you choose how fast you set your throttle response.

·
Registered
2022 Liquid Black LiveWire One
31 Posts

That made me literally laugh out loud. What vehicles do you have that are faster than your livewire?!

On a different note, I feel like I have a good feel for what the throttle setting does, 0% requires the most twist (least sensitive), 100% requires the least twist (most sensitive). But what exactly does power do? I assume the lower the power the slower the acceleration but it does not limit speed right?

Feel free to correct or improve my layman's terms!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right the power setting makes no sense. I mean if it was like 40-100 then ok some how equivalent power peak? But it is just playing with the same curve and hence maybe cutting it off? Maybe at 40% I don't have enough juice to get to 100?

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
I usually run 100 power, 100 throttle, and 0 regen.

And I can get 85-90 miles range under spirited riding.

If I want 100 miles of range on the highway, I dial regen to 80%

I plan my rides with charge stations every 90 or so miles. I'll use Eco mode if I am cruising 70-80 mph on the highway and want to ensure I can get just over 100 miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts