Livewire Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2022 Liquid Black LiveWire One
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Hopefully this is the right section to post. I've searched for related topics but my "Google-fu" isn't that great, feel free to point me in the right direction.

I was ranting to my brother about the freeway onramp near my house because if I'm not being very careful (steady <30 mph) I'll feel the back tire break loose. He immediately called me and told me that shouldn't happen, I need to turn down the power and replace the tire with something track worthy.

I'm confident it's just that specific spot because I don't feel it in the other onramp lane, or any other corner I take tight and hard but I figure I should just ask you guys.

Has anyone else had issues with the stock Scorchers?

· Registered
112 Posts
They’re Michelins in every sense. Totally fine if you’re comfortable with Michelin characteristics. As OE tires, you could do a lot worse.

I presume that you’re not driving in the center of the lane. I always avoid lane centers on ramps, intersections, etc — any place where cars can be dripping oil.

· Registered
2022 Liquid Black LiveWire One
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks @detansinn

Like you, I avoid the center of the lane. But your comment got me thinking and I realized a lot of people cut the corner on this onramp and I vaguely remember seeing paint, like someone lost a paint can, at that same spot years ago.

At this point I'm going to change my driving habits to just avoid the slick lane, and when I'm due for a new tire I'll get something stickier.

· Registered
344 Posts
So heading into the winter on new stock tires. If I plan to ride as much as possible are these tires fine? I am not going to be super high miles. Maybe 500-600 a month. Would you swap them out for the something else? Love that Michelin's tire finder only shows you the stock ones. Find Tires by Make and Model I mean it seems like the Road 6 is probably the way to go. Will I notice the difference under reasonable riding speeds once the cold and wet come?

· Registered
92 Posts
I've gone through two sets of Scorchers. First set was around 8k miles. they would have lasted another 1-1.5k but I was going on my 2.5k mile tour and didn't want to worry about tire replacement mid trip. I don't ride like a hooligan and consider my riding style conservative. I'm soon replacing my second set (at 16,500 miles now). The front tire is considerably more worn down than the rear as I front brake more often than the rear. My dealer is about 4 hours away, so I'm just replacing both tires now. I'd say these tires a good for 8-10k miles

1 - 16 of 16 Posts