Livewire Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New LW owner in Toronto. After a short and then a full weekend test ride, I took the plunge. Only been out a few times on my own bike so far. Been riding for 10 years. I have been out for a ride on everything Harley has to offer. In November I sold my Honda Dual Sport and picked up a black 2020 Livewire. Can’t wait for spring.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome, Pepper!
Sad thing is I'm in Savannah, GA and it's really too cold for me to ride at 40F. I think all of us who own Livewires are looking forward to the Spring.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Savannah would be an awesome location to tour around on a Livewire. Really, can’t wait for spring.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Welcome, Pepper!
Sad thing is I'm in Savannah, GA and it's really too cold for me to ride at 40F. I think all of us who own Livewires are looking forward to the Spring.
Depends where one lives. I'm in SE Texas so pretty much ride year round here. I'm sure SW USA and SOCAL year round also.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Mac Mike, how did the frame protectors install. I have some on order. Are they adhesive? thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Depends where one lives. I'm in SE Texas so pretty much ride year round here. I'm sure SW USA and SOCAL year round also.
Agree! I'm from La Jolla. Savannah, a great biker town, has maybe 9-10 months of good riding, with hit or miss in the winter. But Southern California was/is awesome for year around riding. Super cool for you that also describes where you live in Texas. Regardless, I think some of it, personally, is just the process of getting older. Twice at Clemson I was limited to only a motorcycle riding to school in the ice and snow. But that was then, and this is now, and I now hate the cold.

About these frame protectors, why do you have them? Is it about laying the bike down? Guess I don't understand their purpose.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The frame protectors should keep the frame from touching if the bike tips at low speed or a stand still. They blend in very well. Not sure how much protection they offer, but I guess they are better than nothing. I guess I figured they don’t really take anything away from the look of the bike, and maybe they might prevent a scratched frame. Absolutely no intention of letting it tip.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Appreciate the explanation. I was wondering about them. So far, all I've added is the tiny "windshield." It looks cool but accomplishes seemingly nothing. Eye candy.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mike,
Cool saddle. Is it comfortable compared to what comes with the Livewire? And is that Corbin's "natural leather"?
The Livewire saddle is probably my biggest complaint. When either of my daughters or wife are on back, even regen braking slams my more personal area into the "tank." I was hoping more saddle options would surface, and I like Corbin.
BTW, those frame protectors look nice. Hopefully, you never have to test their ability to protect your Livewire.
Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Brad

·
Registered
249 Posts
Mike,
Cool saddle. Is it comfortable compared to what comes with the Livewire? And is that Corbin's "natural leather"?
The Livewire saddle is probably my biggest complaint. When either of my daughters or wife are on back, even regen braking slams my more personal area into the "tank." I was hoping more saddle options would surface, and I like Corbin.
BTW, those frame protectors look nice. Hopefully, you never have to test their ability to protect your Livewire.
Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Brad

1 - 20 of 20 Posts