Livewire Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Forget the USB port :)
Buy the Harley accessory pig tail, cut the grey 6pin female connector, you'll be left with 3 wires, red (battery 12V, violet (accessory 12v), black ground.
Find a MX150 molex male connector (3 pin, weatherproof) available at digikey for about 5$ shipping included)
ground pin goes in the middle, violet goes to the right or pin 1 when the tip of the connector is on top looked at from the wire side
hook the connector to the P&A port under the seat, right under the plastic box between shock and RESS.
et voila, 13V clean, 15amps capacity to hook your phone charger or heated vest, etc (max 15amps tho)
Is "P&A" short for Power & Accessories? Where is this port getting its power from - direct from the Dc to DC?

· Registered
16 Posts
this component appears to be the "inertial sensor", made by bosch. I think this is the generic part with plug and pin out details
No. It's attached to the bottom of that black plastic cover. It's awkward to get to… but I have connected into it via a Molex 150 3 pin connector. It is totally different now I have real 12 volts -15 amp supply. I can post some pictures to show you what I've done?
Photos would be awesome- also part numbers for the Harley Splitter cable and the Molex plug if that's not asking too much

· Registered
16 Posts
So, I'm still waiting on the Molex connector to arrive in Australia (!) but did find a dual USB outlet that is perfect, so everything is ready. Double sided tape to the headlight frame and the standard bale is the perfect length to reach the enclosure, where it will plug in to the fuses adaptor and Molex plug. Added some cable sheath for good measure. Link to the socket is here Dual USB Port Motorcycle Fast Charger Socket LED Voltmeter Display ON OFF Switch | eBay

White Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Wood Tread
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Vehicle door
White Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Carbon
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Wood Tread
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bicycle handlebar
Automotive tire Tire Automotive design Rim Bag
Tire Automotive tire Plant Wheel Automotive design

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Carbon

Tire Automotive tire Plant Wheel Automotive design

Automotive tire Tire Automotive design Rim Bag

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bicycle handlebar

1 - 4 of 4 Posts