Livewire Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
No. It's attached to the bottom of that black plastic cover. It's awkward to get to… but I have connected into it via a Molex 150 3 pin connector. It is totally different now I have real 12 volts -15 amp supply. I can post some pictures to show you what I've done?

·
Registered
Livewire
61 Posts
Is the connector #6 ok for an input 12V battery charger ? if yes I will simplified my add on 12V battery charger wire connector .I've connected mine directly to the 12V batt + -

·
Registered
4 Posts
this component appears to be the "inertial sensor", made by bosch. I think this is the generic part with plug and pin out details
No. It's attached to the bottom of that black plastic cover. It's awkward to get to… but I have connected into it via a Molex 150 3 pin connector. It is totally different now I have real 12 volts -15 amp supply. I can post some pictures to show you what I've done?
Photos would be awesome- also part numbers for the Harley Splitter cable and the Molex plug if that's not asking too much

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is with special thanks to Menoche, he got me thinking of an alternative USB power source to replace the utterly feeble HD USB - C under the fairing. I would arrive home with the iPhone battery flatter than when I started out…

Reading around it sounds like there are alternative power sources/sockets lurking around the bike - but I decided to go the Molex 150 route located under the plastic cover which I think is fixed over the ABS control unit.

I'm not going to pretend it's easy to get at the Molex 150 socket. If anyone is interested, and I find some time, I will detail how I got to the socket, how I made up the plug, and inserted the pins et cetera. It took me a Half day messing around with the Molex until I understood exactly how it worked and went together. Probably another day for the other stuff.

Suffice to say it went from new USB supply, new horn button and FIAMM 932040Z Am80S/L Low Note Single Horn - I'm going to fit the Hi Note next to it when it arrives. Heated jacket and gloves.

Receipt Font Material property Parallel Paper
Circuit component Font Electronic component Cable Wire
Circuit component Electronic engineering Hardware programmer Electronic component Gas
Handwriting Automotive tire Hood Trunk Motor vehicle
Adhesive Font Rim Wood Circle
Product Font Line Diagram Logo
Font Tool Eyewear Bumper Gun accessory
Blue Product Yellow Toy Gas

·
Registered
4 Posts
So, I'm still waiting on the Molex connector to arrive in Australia (!) but did find a dual USB outlet that is perfect, so everything is ready. Double sided tape to the headlight frame and the standard bale is the perfect length to reach the enclosure, where it will plug in to the fuses adaptor and Molex plug. Added some cable sheath for good measure. Link to the socket is here Dual USB Port Motorcycle Fast Charger Socket LED Voltmeter Display ON OFF Switch | eBay

White Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Wood Tread
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Vehicle door
White Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Carbon
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Wood Tread
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bicycle handlebar
Automotive tire Tire Automotive design Rim Bag
Tire Automotive tire Plant Wheel Automotive design

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Carbon

Tire Automotive tire Plant Wheel Automotive design

Automotive tire Tire Automotive design Rim Bag

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bicycle handlebar

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi dcar - just as a matter of interest, where are you picking up the power for the 5 port USB? You mention behind the power banks - where is that? Regards Rod.
Yes I have a couple of power large banks sitting in a fork bag in front. From there I have routed cables to devices on my bike such, LED lights, DVR, TPMS and other stuff... Here is a video from my page on FB explaining a bit Log into Facebook

21 - 36 of 36 Posts