Livewire Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I did see an addon port there wired up the to battery but it blocked the alarm speaker install. Maybe there is another. That one I removed cause It didn't want to screw with it. I assume it is for people that leave the bike sitting all winter.

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
Thanks. I did see an addon port there wired up the to battery but it blocked the alarm speaker install. Maybe there is another. That one I removed cause It didn't want to screw with it. I assume it is for people that leave the bike sitting all winter.
If it is wired to the battery, it is probably an add-on battery tender plug. The P&A connector is higher, above the battery box.

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
Based on comments about the Livewire USB-C, I had thought it was a fairly low power port. But, according to the HD Media Release for Livewire, the USB-C is 5vdc at 3A, or 15W.

The QuadLock USB-A port supposedly maxes at 18W. So adding the QuadLock USB-A provides more connection options, but not really more USB power.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Anyone using the QL mount with an iPhone MagSafe compatible one? How has that been working out? Does it still charge ok on the normal Apple charger?

On the Livewire are you mounting to the mirror mount or the handlebar, or some other place? I want to get something and debating between the QL and going another Ram mount like I've done in the past.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Anyone using the QL mount with an iPhone MagSafe compatible one? How has that been working out? Does it still charge ok on the normal Apple charger?

On the Livewire are you mounting to the mirror mount or the handlebar, or some other place? I want to get something and debating between the QL and going another Ram mount like I've done in the past.
I have the wireless quad lock attached to the handlebar. I've had it for about 2 years now and it still works flawlessly

·
Registered
189 Posts
I put a Quadlock wireless charging head on...

I bought their USB port, and put a connector on, to plug into thr bike's P&A port, and then routed the new higher power output Quadlock USB-A up to be next to the OEM USB-C.
Phaedrus,
Any chance you can post a pic of your Quadlock? Given cell phones cost as much as computers, I've been seriously considering one for the motorcycle and mountain bike.
Thanks, if you have time.

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
Phaedrus,
Any chance you can post a pic of your Quadlock? Given cell phones cost as much as computers, I've been seriously considering one for the motorcycle and mountain bike.
Thanks, if you have time.
I don't have any great pictures, since my camera is my phone and it is usually in the mount, but here is what I can find....

Property Cabinetry Light Wood Lighting
AZ
Plant Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive tire Recreation

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'll use it with an iPhone mostly. I know they tend to charge a little slower than my Samsung. All I need is basically for it to maintain the charge when I ride or slowly charge. I didn't need any really fast charging as my phone will normally be 70-80% when I go ride.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts