Livewire Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning. Has anyone used the voice recognition for the I Phone. Any help in setting it would be great. I am connected with bluetooth/ear buds. Can you dial numbers by voice. Thanks,

Gordon

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's a known problem that has never worked. You can't activate it via the voice button on the bike. You might be able to get the phone to dial by activating Siri on the phone or from the earbuds but not the bike.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you're sitting on the bike and holding the phone in front of you, you can see that pressing the button does the same thing as it you were on the home screen and you were to swipe down to search for an app. I use my helmet as a workaround to activate voice recognition, but it would be so much easier to do with the bike's button. Like you said though, totally worthless.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good morning. Has anyone used the voice recognition for the I Phone. Any help in setting it would be great. I am connected with bluetooth/ear buds. Can you dial numbers by voice. Thanks,

I believe you are referring to use of the voice activation button. HD has a wired and wireless headset as an option. I am told voice activation button works with the HD accessory headsets to trigger your phones voice assistant (Siri). The button wont work with your ear buds or other headsets regardless if the phone is connected via Bluetooth. I am using a Sena headset in my helmet - Music controls mounted on the bike work fine but not voice dialing etc.- I have to use helmet mounted controls and purchased a separate Sena remote control for the hand grip area.

What you are hoping for is related to the Apple Car Play system found in many cars. I was able obtain a clear answer from a Harley Davidson customer service representative. Note that this applies to the current 2020 Livewire, The official response; "The interface on the LiveWire is not set up for Apple CarPlay”.

I do hope H-D will upgrade to CarPlay in the future.

·
Registered
2020, Harley Davidson LiveWire
96 Posts
it does work using a *droid.
From my understanding it's never worked from a iDevice.

That said...

*droid owners might be happy to know that the latest app update seems "SEEMS" to have resolved the workaround needed for the "voice button" on the left control setup.

Previously I was sniffing the Bluetooth traffic to react to a send from the bike and then take action on my *droid using tasker. It was a total hack, but it worked from day one back in Oct 2019.

Well, I reset my phone last night just for $h1tz and Grins and upon resetting my BT connections today, notice that the button is working out of the box... no more need to sniff the BT traffic!

That makes me REAL happy... so I can use fewer hacks in-between to do anything on my phone!

Woot!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts