Livewire Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Wait-not ready. What does that message mean and what do I do about it? No propulsion ability
How about some more information. When did the alert come on? First ride of the day, after a long ride, etc? No propulsion if you don't get it running means a call to the service department. Let us know what caused it as we are all learning about this bike! Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, things went from weird to worse. The Wait-Not Ready message showed up, center screen, like a propulsion interlock message. I waited, nothing. I tried to charge level1 at home, and the bike wouldn’t start charging. No flashing blue light on plug. This morning I have nothing. No headlight, no electrical anything, like a circuit breaker tripped. Dealer is picking bike up tomorrow, so we shall see what’s up after the tech looks it over. Lone Wolf H-D in Spokane, WA. Is my dealer of choice. I will report back when I know more.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Well, things went from weird to worse. The Wait-Not Ready message showed up, center screen, like a propulsion interlock message. I waited, nothing. I tried to charge level1 at home, and the bike wouldn’t start charging. No flashing blue light on plug. This morning I have nothing. No headlight, no electrical anything, like a circuit breaker tripped. Dealer is picking bike up tomorrow, so we shall see what’s up after the tech looks it over. Lone Wolf H-D in Spokane, WA. Is my dealer of choice. I will report back when I know more.
No nothing on the start switch sounds like the 12V battery. Keep us informed and good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mac Mike, you hit on it directly. 12 V battery was down to 2 volts. I never thought to try to charge the lithium 12 Volt myself. Dealer said my on board charging circuit for the 12 volt needed a software update and that’s why it wasn’t charging itself. They recharged the battery, which is fine now. This is my second software update since my June 10, 2020 purchase. I consider it part of early adopters joy. Thanks for the feedback MM. I hope this posts is helpful.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Also, my tech recommended keeping 12 volt battery in a tender between rides.
Do not listen to your tech! They are learning right along with the owners. The RESS will charge your 12V battery or should be charging it. If your 12V battery is draining in-between rides means the RESS is not working correctly. All the 12V battery does is turn on the computers and lights and have the bike ready for us to hit the "RUN" switch. Once the bike is in "RUN" the RESS takes over full control.The one thing that will drain the 12V battery is if we forget to flip the "OFF-Start"switch to "OFF". Lots of info on this video about the battery starting at the 12 minute mark.Watch all the way to the end of the video. You may want to pass this video on to your service department.

Also make sure your service department has not installed the buggy software mentioned above.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very interested in any update on this thread - my LiveWire has struggled to keep the 12V charged and this even after dealer replaced Li battery with new (10 days and dead again). Is it a software issue? Same idea from dealer - keep 12V on tender at same time that RESS is charging but that can’t be right, and what if 12V runs down while away from special Li tender? Interlocks mean the bike has to be picked up by van for transport to Li tender to get back on road. Glad to see my bike not only one with this issue

·
Registered
284 Posts
Very interested in any update on this thread - my LiveWire has struggled to keep the 12V charged and this even after dealer replaced Li battery with new (10 days and dead again). Is it a software issue? Same idea from dealer - keep 12V on tender at same time that RESS is charging but that can’t be right, and what if 12V runs down while away from special Li tender? Interlocks mean the bike has to be picked up by van for transport to Li tender to get back on road. Glad to see my bike not only one with this issue
The 12v battery is the weak link of the Livewire. Inform your service dept. of the video above. The RESS is supposed to keep the 12v battery charged. If your 12v battery is dying the RESS is not working correctly. Several members on this forum have had to replace the 12v battery several times. Make sure your LW has had the software update.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 12v battery is the weak link of the Livewire. Inform your service dept. of the video above. The RESS is supposed to keep the 12v battery charged. If your 12v battery is dying the RESS is not working correctly. Several members on this forum have had to replace the 12v battery several times. Make sure your LW has had the software update.
Thanks Mac Mike - have shared with dealer. Love the bike, hope this works

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pulled into Frederick Harley-Davidson in Maryland a few weeks ago to charge. Got the dreaded Wait - Not Ready message. 3200 miles on the bike. Had to leave it the dealer. They updated the software to version 02.02.00-02 and that seems to have corrected the problem. Did not replace any components. Had the bike transferred to my local dealer, Patriot HD in Fairfax, VA and they tested it over a week. No issues. Kinda wish they had found a bad component. One odd thing happened just before I got the Wait message happened. The range had consistently been showing 110-118 miles after a full charge overnight at home. Now it shows 128 and this was before the software update. Seems to be consistent after the update as well. Have put 100 miles on the bike since getting it back, slowly building confidence back up that it won't leave me stranded.

I had this issue when I picked it up last year, just before another software update had come out. That update was applied and I did not have the problem again until a few weeks ago. HD corporate kept called my LW Tech for updates wanting to know what he had found. Appreciate that they stayed on top of it. Would prefer to have a better idea of why it happened. I did see some of the diagnostic codes though they only thing I saw that I could understand was "OBC - not responding" which I take to mean the On Board Charger (?).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well, that was short lived. Charged overnight, turned on this morning, all good, 133 miles of range (highest I've ever seen), turned it off, came back 15 minutes later - back to Wait, not ready. So glad it happened before I left home. Calling dealer to come pick up. This is the third time this has happened. Twice at home and once on the road. I got pictures of the diagnostic screens this time. Not sure what they all mean but at least I have some documentation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts