Livewire Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wait-not ready. What does that message mean and what do I do about it? No propulsion ability

·
Registered
175 Posts
Wait-not ready. What does that message mean and what do I do about it? No propulsion ability
How about some more information. When did the alert come on? First ride of the day, after a long ride, etc? No propulsion if you don't get it running means a call to the service department. Let us know what caused it as we are all learning about this bike! Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, things went from weird to worse. The Wait-Not Ready message showed up, center screen, like a propulsion interlock message. I waited, nothing. I tried to charge level1 at home, and the bike wouldn’t start charging. No flashing blue light on plug. This morning I have nothing. No headlight, no electrical anything, like a circuit breaker tripped. Dealer is picking bike up tomorrow, so we shall see what’s up after the tech looks it over. Lone Wolf H-D in Spokane, WA. Is my dealer of choice. I will report back when I know more.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well, things went from weird to worse. The Wait-Not Ready message showed up, center screen, like a propulsion interlock message. I waited, nothing. I tried to charge level1 at home, and the bike wouldn’t start charging. No flashing blue light on plug. This morning I have nothing. No headlight, no electrical anything, like a circuit breaker tripped. Dealer is picking bike up tomorrow, so we shall see what’s up after the tech looks it over. Lone Wolf H-D in Spokane, WA. Is my dealer of choice. I will report back when I know more.
No nothing on the start switch sounds like the 12V battery. Keep us informed and good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mac Mike, you hit on it directly. 12 V battery was down to 2 volts. I never thought to try to charge the lithium 12 Volt myself. Dealer said my on board charging circuit for the 12 volt needed a software update and that’s why it wasn’t charging itself. They recharged the battery, which is fine now. This is my second software update since my June 10, 2020 purchase. I consider it part of early adopters joy. Thanks for the feedback MM. I hope this posts is helpful.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Also, my tech recommended keeping 12 volt battery in a tender between rides.
Do not listen to your tech! They are learning right along with the owners. The RESS will charge your 12V battery or should be charging it. If your 12V battery is draining in-between rides means the RESS is not working correctly. All the 12V battery does is turn on the computers and lights and have the bike ready for us to hit the "RUN" switch. Once the bike is in "RUN" the RESS takes over full control.The one thing that will drain the 12V battery is if we forget to flip the "OFF-Start"switch to "OFF". Lots of info on this video about the battery starting at the 12 minute mark.Watch all the way to the end of the video. You may want to pass this video on to your service department.

Also make sure your service department has not installed the buggy software mentioned above.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts