Livewire Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I purchased a LiveWire One back in May. I completely paid for it up front with a wire transfer and signed the bill of sale. The rep who sold me the motorcycle told me initially that wait times would be 3-4 weeks. I contacted her after a few weeks to coordinate a delivery date and she estimated a wait time now of 4-5 weeks. It’s not clear to me if that’s an additional 4-5 weeks or if it’s just the total wait time. It’s been more than 5 weeks since I signed the bill of sale, so maybe that’s a hint.

There hasn’t been a whole lot of transparency around exactly why the wait time is so far out (when the bike according to her does exist) and moreover, why the wait time appears to be sliding around a bit. I know these kinds of things can take some time, but the lack of communication is a bit confusing. I’m confident that it is actually LiveWire that I paid, so that’s not a concern. I’m just wondering if anyone else has had this kind of experience before and if they could elaborate on what’s likely going on behind the scenes. Frankly, if the wait time is going to be more than a couple of months, I’m not sure why they needed all the money back in May.

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
Did you buy direct from Livewire? Or through a dealer?

I bought direct from Livewire at the beginning of May 2022. Mine arrived at my selected dealer, exactly 4 weeks after payment cleared. The bike was delivered to me by the dealer, 2 days later.

There is not much for Livewire to communicate, once the bike starts into shipment. It is pretty much all freight and shipping coordination. Shippers can be slow these days, depending on where you are. But if I emailed or called Livewire with any question during the process I generally had a response within 1-2 days, and usually immediately. Still, it got here when it got here. The sales rep could only send out queries for status, and let me know the info that she received.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you buy direct from Livewire? Or through a dealer?

I bought direct from Livewire at the beginning of May 2022. Mine arrived at my selected dealer, exactly 4 weeks after payment cleared. The bike was delivered to me by the dealer, 2 days later.

There is not much for Livewire to communicate, once the bike starts into shipment. It is pretty much all freight and shipping coordination. Shippers can be slow these days, depending on where you are. But if I emailed or called Livewire with any question during the process I generally had a response within 1-2 days, and usually immediately. Still, it got here when it got here. The sales rep could only send out queries for status, and let me know the info that she received.
Thanks so much for such a thoughtful and thorough response! Indeed, I bought directly through LiveWire. It It has been about 5 weeks now so it’s not necessarily too much different from your experience I guess. If I don’t hear from them by the end of the week, I’ll probably reach out and at least ask for a date by which they’ll have a date — I think that’s reasonable. I get that there can be shipping delays or unplanned events, but minimally, I think it’s reasonable for me to know what month to expect it. I don’t want to rock the boat too much so I’ll probably wait it out at this point for my motorcycle but I do have friends that may be interested in the alternative you mentioned if you have more info. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
Patriot HD in Fairfax, VA had three black 2022 LW1s on the floor last week.

The HD dealer in Concord, NC has had black and white in stock - but you would have to call them to see what they have this week.

Other members may know of stocking dealers in their area.

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
For your purchase, I'd be asking - did it ship, what date did it ship, and what dealer is it coming through? Though you should have picked the dealer when you purchased.

If it did ship, the rest is up to the freight carrier. And, you can always check with the receiving dealer to see what they hear about arrival.

·
Registered
7 Posts
@Optimus, i am roughly in the same boat as you. I ordered the bike back at the beginning of the month, I paid outright and I am in Cali. From what I understand when it was explained to me, Livewire waits until they can get a truck full before they ship the bike out. They also try to sneak the bikes on HD trucks as well on the way to its destination which can take a while. I called the dealership that it is being delivered to today and they said they have 2 livewires that were delivered but they have yet to confirm if one of those is mine (livewire rep was on the phone with someone else). You should also be able to check you bill of sale as it should have the VIN on it if the bike was indeed already manufactured. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Optimus, i am roughly in the same boat as you. I ordered the bike back at the beginning of the month, I paid outright and I am in Cali. From what I understand when it was explained to me, Livewire waits until they can get a truck full before they ship the bike out. They also try to sneak the bikes on HD trucks as well on the way to its destination which can take a while. I called the dealership that it is being delivered to today and they said they have 2 livewires that were delivered but they have yet to confirm if one of those is mine (livewire rep was on the phone with someone else). You should also be able to check you bill of sale as it should have the VIN on it if the bike was indeed already manufactured. Hope that helps.
@TiJoh03 Good news — I just heard from the sales rep today and she told me that I’ll be getting my LiveWire next week! I live in the Bay Area so if you’re nearby, let’s meet up for a ride when yours shows up too! 🍻

·
Registered
7 Posts
@Optimus looks like the dealer couldn't deliver and they won't be able to get it to me by this weekend. Apparently they place the priority on the HDs so we are at their mercy when it comes to getting the bikes set up and ready for pickup. Kinda trash if you ask me but what do I know. I just want my bike already.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts