Livewire Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning Everyone,

Does anyone have any good tips on washing the Livewire?

1. What are good products to use?
Seats
Tires
2. Cleaning Best Practice?

I will be using a Microfiber cleaning towel.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2022 Liquid Black LiveWire One
20 Posts
Maxima SC1 was recommended to me and I love it for the painted surfaces. I'm hoping someone has a good recommendation for the seats. As for tires, I've always read a stiff bristle brush and water is all you should use because you don't want to compromise traction.

I'm not a detail expert yet but I use a pressure washer, then the two bucket method wash (Google will explain it better than I can), and finish with the SC1.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maxima SC1 was recommended to me and I love it for the painted surfaces. I'm hoping someone has a good recommendation for the seats. As for tires, I've always read a stiff bristle brush and water is all you should use because you don't want to compromise traction.

I'm not a detail expert yet but I use a pressure washer, then the two bucket method wash (Google will explain it better than I can), and finish with the SC1.
Thanks for the update. I will give the Maxima SC1 a try. I did get a good recommendation for the seat from the Harley Dealership. See link Seat, Saddlebag & Trim Cleaner - 93600010 | Harley-Davidson USA

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
33 Posts
I"m just a spray with S100, rinse off, and wipe down, kind of guy. Lexol on leather. And nothing but abrush on tread surfaces.. I'd rather be riding.

But I'm not a fan of pressure washers on bikes. I don't like how they force water into fittings, bearings, and connectors.

·
Registered
2020, Harley Davidson LiveWire
198 Posts

But I'm not a fan of pressure washers on bikes. I don't like how they force water into fittings, bearings, and connectors.
I 100% agree with this and I do believe it's mentioned in the owner's manual, if not elsewhere.
I would NOT use any pressurized water on this bike, just flowing from a hose or your thumb for a little umph.

I just use one of those garden feeding bottles (that you hook a hose to) with some organic (enviro safe) soap, and a micro cloth to avoid scratching.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts