1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Here is a link to Webasto OEM charger which is the same as under the seat:
229US with free residential shipping.

this one even comes with a 120V or 220 prong set Selectable with a slider on the side!

Phil

·
Registered
2022 Liquid Black LiveWire One
31 Posts
For anyone interested, I purchased one. While it wasn't what I expected I'm glad I got it. The level 2 is an adapter that is removable/locks on. I've only used it a few days but it works and the extra length is great. It's definitely Harley's supplier, other than the stickers/labels, blue plug, and extra length I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Shipping was quick but pricey, still better than any other option (that I could find). Thanks @Menoche !
Office equipment Gadget Gas Font Output device
Finger Gadget Auto part Wood Tool
Rectangle Auto part Font Fashion accessory Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2022 Liquid Black LiveWire One
31 Posts
I've never bothered trying the 220 adapter.

I've been using this charger ~3 days a week (~2,000 miles) for 3 months with no issues. I only used the stock one for about 3 weeks but anecdotally they seem to charge identically.

I still highly recommend this charger.

·
Registered
114 Posts
As I understand it, the Livewire just uses a standard J1772 connection? So basically any EVSE with a J1772 connector should work, correct? Or did HD do something uniquely with the onboard charger to work with the one they supply?

I have a standard J1772 EVSE for another EV but so far only used the factory supplied one.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Anecdotally there may be some benefit. I have read in a few places that people have seen as fast as 9-10 hours on L2 for 0-100%. I am seeing around 11.5 hours +/- 30 min on L1 which seems consistent with what others get. My thought is maybe the L1 doesn't charge as consistently during the charge.

When I have a few more miles on my LW, and have enough L1 charges for a baseline, I'll try L2 and see what I get. Even if I get a 10% reduction it will be worth it to me.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
be careful here... it is also dependent on the amps available for the L1... L1 are quite different from one to another... the Harley EVSE caps at 15 amps. you can find some that go 16 amps, ore perhaps 20 amps on L1. the OBC will draw as much as the EVSE can provide :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts