Livewire Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone regularly using the driving directions or the notifications? I haven't yet gotten it to work. Should I bother or just get a bar mount for the phone? I wanted to avoid the latter and be a little unplugged on the bike. But I am finding I have become pretty dependent on directions.

· Registered
132 Posts
honestly, the navigation is of no use to me... why us such a small display corner when I can get it all on my iPhone on the handlebar? as for the bluetooth, the only use for me is to adjust volume or fast forward in a podcast :)

· Registered
34 Posts
I had the bluetooth connection work a couple times out several attempts to figure it out across multiple Android devices (Pixel 2, Pixel 6 and Motoral Razr2) over several months. I still try to make it connect every now and then with no success.

So I now have a phone mount on the bars and a usb-c cable going to the usb-c port behind the display to keep her charged.

· Registered
Livewire
84 Posts
No problem on my side with my Iphone 12 mini. Bluetooth link ok.Navigation on the HD display from the Iphone HD apps also ok ( but no real need of this in fact). Music not yet tested !

· Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I got the audio controls working. So volume and start and stop. I wasn't going to wear audio devices but I have a set that that have a very sound isolation vibe and that is nice for the wind noise. Do the directions only when with the live wire app?

· Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But today if my bluetooth headset was connected with the bike they would cycle blipping the directions on and off.
. I finally had to get the bike out of the loop to keep the audio working.

· Registered
19 Posts
I had all kinds of reliability problems with BT but have finally figured out what works best. It has to do with the order things connect. I have a Sena helmet audio system and use it for music and comms. I also have an iPhone 13 Pro. When I start things up. I always let the phone connect to the bike first, before even powering up the Sena. Once the BT indicator turns blue on the bike display, I then power up the Sena and let it connect to the phone.

As long as I do it in that order, the phone remains connected to the bike and I can bring up navigation in the H-D Connect app and it works. Connecting the helmet system to the phone before the bike has connected, and I get intermittent connections after I start riding.

· Registered
92 Posts
honestly, the navigation is of no use to me... why us such a small display corner when I can get it all on my iPhone on the handlebar? as for the bluetooth, the only use for me is to adjust volume or fast forward in a podcast :)
The idea was that you could run navigation with your phone still in your pocket or tank bag and not have to worry about looking at the phone screen.

· Registered
92 Posts
I had all kinds of reliability problems with BT but have finally figured out what works best. It has to do with the order things connect. I have a Sena helmet audio system and use it for music and comms. I also have an iPhone 13 Pro. When I start things up. I always let the phone connect to the bike first, before even powering up the Sena. Once the BT indicator turns blue on the bike display, I then power up the Sena and let it connect to the phone.

As long as I do it in that order, the phone remains connected to the bike and I can bring up navigation in the H-D Connect app and it works. Connecting the helmet system to the phone before the bike has connected, and I get intermittent connections after I start riding.
Does the Sena work with the voice control button on the left control module? or is that just the Boom audio headset?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts