Livewire Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2020 HD LiveWire
(purchased new in June 2022)

I am very fortunate to have twisty and hilly roads within 2 miles of my house. My LiveWire adventures are almost exclusively on these backroads. I ride in Normal/Road mode.

Font Parallel Rectangle Screenshot Number

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is based on so many factors. Rider weight, wind speeds and directions, rider size, acceleration/deceleration behavior, elevation gain/loss, average speed, etc. I can have drastically different results in mileage purely based on my throttle control.

My average has increased about 30 miles or so in recent months as I've adjusted my riding behavior and use a windscreen most days. I get around 120-135 miles of stated range - and find that it's usually accurate within -/+ 5 miles.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I posted this in another thread, but it's very relevant here. These are all in "range" mode, which is just what I prefer personally.
Interstate at constant 70 mph- 72 miles
Primary roads at constant 55-60 mph- 95-100 miles
Mix of primary and secondary roads with lots of acceleration and slowing- 105-110 miles
City- probably 120-130, but I've never used a full charge just in the city.

·
Registered
232 Posts
This is less what range did you get vs what does your bike expect of you. I ride slow in the city. Wavshrdr is a different thing. It is a pretty good tell of what your rides average. The other image is that range tool the dash displays. Kinda show what you might do if you pushed it or if you took it easy. Gonna do my first distance multi charge ride this weekend I think. Trying to figure how early I need to go to likely succeed at charging.

·
Registered
2020, Harley Davidson LiveWire
254 Posts
Anyone know how to reset, or when it resets, the Watt hour per mile statistic on the battery widget?
as I understand (while not a legit reset)... fully discharging or as close to 0% as possible and then fully charging 100%, a few times should recalibrate.
but, this is also my unscientific understanding of what I feel smarter people than me have implied. *old school battery conditioning.

·
Registered
2022, Liquid Black
158 Posts
The displayed range that I see at 100%charge varies, depending on how I have been riding. It has been anything from just under 90 miles, to just over 150. Generally, when I am just consistently doing a mix of interstate at 70-80 mph, and around town, it is 102-104 miles.

·
Registered
111 Posts
In actually usage, it works out pretty close to 1% per mile. Unless of course I am only doing high speed highway riding and then it is can be closer to 2% per mile. I need to get a small windscreen to help out with that.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Not a lot of hills where I am at and I miss that to be honest. I bought the ELW because I wanted something quick that I wouldn't be bored on instead of my faster bikes and not have my gonads frying in the heat. So far it is a win/win. I also try to not get on it hard from a dead stop and roll into it. I learned it is a good tactic to preserving tires on my Tesla. Instant torque is great for fun but bad for tires. ;-)

·
Registered
2020, Harley Davidson LiveWire
254 Posts
I seem to be at 1% for 1.2 miles. :)
I have gotten to 4.8 extra miles from 0% SoC.
I have not pushed it further... but, have noted that (while our bikes don't get hobbled for a low SoC down to 0%)... it does slow down after a mile past 0% SoC - gradually and continually. I noticed a change to 13 mph at around 1 extra mile past 0% SoC down to 8mph (is the lowest I've seen it slow me down.)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have not pushed it further... but, have noted that (while our bikes don't get hobbled for a low SoC down to 0%)... it does slow down after a mile past 0% SoC - gradually and continually. I noticed a change to 13 mph at around 1 extra mile past 0% SoC down to 8mph (is the lowest I've seen it slow me down.)
Yeah, the Zero limp mode at 10% is a brutal thing. I like that the LiveWire delivers the same Oomph across the whole SoC.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yeah be good to know when do you call it empty and call for road service. When truly dead or just basically dead.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts