Livewire Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
This is less what range did you get vs what does your bike expect of you. I ride slow in the city. Wavshrdr is a different thing. It is a pretty good tell of what your rides average. The other image is that range tool the dash displays. Kinda show what you might do if you pushed it or if you took it easy. Gonna do my first distance multi charge ride this weekend I think. Trying to figure how early I need to go to likely succeed at charging.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have gotten to 4.8 extra miles from 0% SoC.
I have not pushed it further... but, have noted that (while our bikes don't get hobbled for a low SoC down to 0%)... it does slow down after a mile past 0% SoC - gradually and continually. I noticed a change to 13 mph at around 1 extra mile past 0% SoC down to 8mph (is the lowest I've seen it slow me down.)
Yeah be good to know when do you call it empty and call for road service. When truly dead or just basically dead.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have "heard of" some tow trucks carrying DCF converting batteries around - but never seen any as it would be a considerable cost to support EVs.

That said, there are some EVs that can charge back (like they brought you a can of gas.)
We should probably see what ones might work with our bikes. But again I am guess the computer will reject it for DC of any speed.

·
Registered
232 Posts
You mocking me bro? :) It doesn't look like a gold wing. More like retro modern. Maybe it will be too hot next summer and I will take it off. But I am planning on riding it in 40 degree rain. So IDGAF if it looks like a gold wing. I understand it is like putting bike racks on a Porsche.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts