Livewire Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
In actually usage, it works out pretty close to 1% per mile. Unless of course I am only doing high speed highway riding and then it is can be closer to 2% per mile. I need to get a small windscreen to help out with that.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Not a lot of hills where I am at and I miss that to be honest. I bought the ELW because I wanted something quick that I wouldn't be bored on instead of my faster bikes and not have my gonads frying in the heat. So far it is a win/win. I also try to not get on it hard from a dead stop and roll into it. I learned it is a good tactic to preserving tires on my Tesla. Instant torque is great for fun but bad for tires. ;-)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Don't EVER EVER EVER use your insurance for anything like this. They will consider it a claim and it goes in the CLUE database to be held against you. Get AAA and get the motorcycle option. It has paid for itself literally 5 times over since I started using AAA.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Regarding Motorcycle towing: Join the American Motorcyclist Ass'n and get their roadside assistance. It covers ANY vehicle you own; motorcycle, car, or truck, AND you'll help protect your right to ride. There are many other perks to AMA memerbership including a lot of product and service discounts -- well worth the low cost IMO.
The link goes to a page that basically has nothing other than roadside assistance at the top. This link works better.

One thing I could never find is the towing limit (max distance for a tow). AAA once towed almost 200 miles for me.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks for a reference point. I am seeing about a 5% improvement on my Puig screen. It is big enough that I can actually tuck in at high speeds into a still pocket of air. It is small enough it to not make the LW look like a Goldwing. No reference to the screen Xophere's bike. ;-)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I love your LiveWing or is it GoldWire! I am all about setting up the bike for where I ride. If I was riding in colder weather or rain a lot, I'd be rocking your screen on my LW if I was. I am riding in pretty warm weather and just want to improve my aerodynamics a bit and still fit the style of the bike.

I am fortunate and have other bikes I can ride so I don't need the LW to do it all. I must say that it has become one of my favorite bikes to ride though on a daily basis. Even the small screen I have made a big difference on my rides. It was a really buggy night last night and I could clearly see the impact (or lack of impact) of the bugs on my riding jacket when I got done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts