Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not in any particular order...

The acceleration is magic

Cornering is superb

'Two is one and one is none'

Gotta have a spare...

One at the cabin and one at the house

Did I mention the acceleration is magic?

It's the Grinbike. Get on it, and grin...

I do like the traction control and EBS, both firsts for my bikes

The next model may be better, or it may not be, but it will be the backup anyway :)

(*Usual caveats apply: I can find the money, and I stay alive 馃榿)

Registered
Great thread. I have to agree. While I hope to eventually retire in Colombia and not sure how transporting bikes into the country will be, I'm thinking the same thing, only I may need to modify my second one a bit to handle the road conditions in Cartagena. My original and current Livewire would likely stay in my brother-in-law's garage in Miami. He'd like that, a lot.

Registered
2020, Harley Davidson LiveWire
Great thread. I have to agree. While I hope to eventually retire in Colombia and not sure how transporting bikes into the country will be, I'm thinking the same thing, only I may need to modify my second one a bit to handle the road conditions in Cartagena. My original and current Livewire would likely stay in my brother-in-law's garage in Miami. He'd like that, a lot.
maybe, if we're lucky, soon, we'll be able to do some swappable parts, like rims, tires, etc. Make things a bit more worthy for more than just smooth concrete.

Not that I can't take it places, but we all know knobs are better in sand than little tiny slits. ;)

Registered
I'd love an electric H-D Pan America, with bigger knobs than stock.
Any idea who I talk to about putting in my order?

Now THAT would be my Colombia bike! And the Livewire would be my Cape Cod, then later Miami bike.

Registered
ya know... I'm a cruiser (old chopper) style fan myself...

I'd LOVE to chop up my ELW and turn it into such.
Sadly, I'm not even remotely that smart... I know enough about chopping to be dangerous, but with the ELW and LW1, it's a whole new ballgame!

Put me in touch with someone who wants to do it (at only parts cost to me) and I'm ALL over that project!!

I will say, I do miss the laid-back style, the 18" apes, 3' bBar, suicide clutch and jockey shift on my ol' sporty.

Registered
This pair of ads struck me reading your message. I want a 40's H-D. But looking at the mileage of the two bikes, I think I'd have to stay with the Livewire. I'm not sure how much more you can get out of a bike with 999,999,999 miles on it?

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When you locate them, tell them I'm in as well. Their E-PanAm order book just doubled!

Registered
This pair of ads struck me reading your message. I want a 40's H-D. But looking at the mileage of the two bikes, I think I'd have to stay with the Livewire. I'm not sure how much more you can get out of a bike with 999,999,999 miles on it?
For REAL!
I'd pay a "decent" price for the skeleton/body it is, but true on the miles.
what a GREAT body that'd be to put the LiveWire in!

That said, I think the LiveWire would deserve its own body in a similar classic form, 'specially since it's mostly aluminum and still needs to remain as lite as possible.

Registered

Now THAT would be my Colombia bike! And the Livewire would be my Cape Cod, then later Miami bike.
I ride in Colombia as well my bike down there is a VRSCA with the guys from HOG Medellin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts