Livewire Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Zero is doing everything right, even targeting cheaper price points that Harley hasn't show interest in.
Harley has an opportunity to become a leader with electric motorcycles like they have with cruisers but aren't showing it so far.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think its fine for Harley to position themselves as a premium electric offering, but they have to realize that's going to result in limited interest for launch. Maybe they only plan on building a few hundred of these for the first generation so they've had to increase the profits per unit.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ultimately we don't know what plans Harley has so this might be a higher tier product that helps set the tone and expectations for cheaper and higher volume products.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Zero didn't even need to do this as many people are probably already leaning towards the SR over the Livewire in terms of value for the money. Who wouldn't want to spend half the money for nearly twice the range on the top end spec.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Harley has brand image and distribution which is big and allows them to bounce back from these short term setbacks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since Harley wont win on price, they just need to focus on making the Livewire a more exciting and comfortable bike to ride. Weight distribution will go a long way in how these electric models work their way in and out of corners.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Reaching out to new demographics that have the money but not entirely convinced on getting a motorcycle will be one side of the battle.
If that's true we might see an increase in safety system to minimize common fears of riding.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I know there filed patents for AEB systems that may find their way into newer models. I just worry that those kinds of systems will end up doing more harm that good. They can be quite overbearing in cars.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's the first look at the new 2019 Zero SR/F streetfighter. 110hp and 140lbs-ft of toque with a top speed of 124mph. 0-60 is an estimated 3.3 seconds and the claimed range is 161 miles. Will start at $18,995 which is almost 30% less than the Livewire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts