Livewire Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks. First reaction is that thing is massive. Probably bigger than a Honda Goldwing screen.

I'd be really cautious initially at high speeds to make sure you have the alignment right. The problem with big screens on handlebar mounting is they can cause instability issues. I've seen some people get into pretty bad high speed wobbles as the force from the screen goes right into the control inputs of the bike unlike big fairings that are typically frame mounted.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks. First reaction is that thing is massive. Probably bigger than a Honda Goldwing screen.

I'd be really cautious initially at high speeds to make sure you have the alignment right. The problem with big screens on handlebar mounting is they can cause instability issues. I've seen some people get into pretty bad high speed wobbles as the force from the screen goes right into the control inputs of the bike unlike big fairings that are typically frame mounted.
Harley fits much larger fork mounted fairings to their own bikes. As long as it is properly mounted, should be fine. In the old days, they were all fork and handlebar mounted.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
My guess is Wavshrdr spends more time at speed. So I just figured out where the dumb light reflection comes from. See the glare here? This is is day time of course it is much worse at night. Not sure why the hole is there. But...
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Tread

Sorted with Gorrilla tape for now.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Harley fits much larger fork mounted fairings to their own bikes. As long as it is properly mounted, should be fine. In the old days, they were all fork and handlebar mounted.
Yes, they did and HD spent a lot of time figure out where to put it. It wasn’t left up to use a trial and error how to mount it.

Also keep in mind the older Harley's accelerated not nearly as quickly as a LiveWire. That means an LW can very quickly achieve velocities where bad aerodynamic can be a significant issue.

Have you ever experienced a high-speed tank slapper? been there enough times to know that I never want to deal with it again. Definitely more likely since I didn’t see a steering brace anywhere on the LW.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hmm had to rework it to move it further back. In the end I basically paid $70 for the second set of handle bar mounts. That sucks. But seems solid. Can remove the lower fairing without removing the windshield. Seems to be more comfortable in the middle setting right now.
Didn't feel it at up to 65. Has some glimmer from the sides of the windsheild and the turn signals. But seemed ok at night.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I thought it worked quite well at about the middle position last night. Can't decide it it would be worth moving it further in to get rid of the various glows off the lighting. Probably won't know the answer to that till my first ride in the rain. Seemed ok in the city and the one bit of dark road I was on last night.

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Fuel tank Motorcycle

Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So far very stable at speed. My head ends up being right on the bubble if I am not tucked in. So not my whole helmet but just the top of my head. Quite happy with it. I can tell my estimated millage is climbing.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts