Livewire Forums banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
Livewire
73 Posts
Surprising, that you have the cads data of the fender and you have created this not real smooth parts, is there an univisible reason ?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Surprising, that you have the cads data of the fender and you have created this not real smooth parts, is there an univisible reason ?
This was created by a member of the Facebook group and he 3D scanned the fender in order to design the part. He uses the group as a sales channel to the market.

·
Registered
HD LiveWire
14 Posts
This was created by a member of the Facebook group and he 3D scanned the fender in order to design the part. He uses the group as a sales channel to the market.
I saw pictures of the mounted cache and it looks pretty good, but on the store no payment by credit card is expected, I don't see how to place an order!

·
Registered
Livewire
73 Posts
Ok, on my side I've created an carbon-epoxy version , visible on this website.I'will have to plan to rebuild a couple of them ; but it's a handmade long job.....

·
Registered
2020 H-D LiveWire
40 Posts
Hello I of course have the same problem and I am interested to know the result ... thank you
Philippe
I never put it on my bike. The finish quality was rough around the edges -- literally! It was designed to be installed on the outside/top of the fender hole, not the underside/bottom of the hole so it really wouldn't look good, at least to me. I'm waiting for a call-back from my H-D dealer with price and availability of a LiveWire One fender without the hole.

Automotive lighting Light Hood Automotive tire Bumper
Automotive lighting Hood Grille Automotive tail & brake light Automotive design
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Grille Hood Automotive tire
Head Grey Helmet Headgear Rectangle
Sleeve Automotive tire Grey Audio equipment Rectangle
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Bag Headgear
Glasses Finger Wood Audio equipment Eyewear
Eye Automotive tire Grey Synthetic rubber Audio equipment

·
Registered
HD LiveWire
14 Posts
Bonjour
J’ai commandé et reçu le même cache qui était semble-t-il de meilleure qualité ... et je l’ai posé ce we.
Je prendrais une photo demain ...
C’est beaucoup mieux de toute façon que ce que j’avais posé en attendant :)

·
Registered
Livewire
73 Posts
I never put it on my bike. The finish quality was rough around the edges -- literally! It was designed to be installed on the outside/top of the fender hole, not the underside/bottom of the hole so it really wouldn't look good, at least to me. I'm waiting for a call-back from my H-D dealer with price and availability of a LiveWire One fender without the hole.

View attachment 833 View attachment 837 View attachment 840 View attachment 838 View attachment 839 View attachment 835 View attachment 834 View attachment 836
Its a pure 3D print material, not fully compatible with humidity usally because not made from ABS , but will be ok tot stop the rain for 1 year...
Tell me if you are interested on a carbon epoxy version.

·
Registered
HD LiveWire
14 Posts
Bonjour
J’ai commandé et reçu le même cache qui était semble-t-il de meilleure qualité ... et je l’ai posé ce we.
Je prendrais une photo demain ...
C’est beaucoup mieux de toute façon que ce que j’avais posé en attendant :)
[/CITATION]

Bon et bien en fait j’ai fait un aller-retour au bureau et le soir le cache n’était plus là !
Je vais donc devoir en commander un autre mais cette fois je le fixerai avec de la colle super forte car les adhésifs n’ont pas tenu le coup, certainement à cause des pavés dans Paris ... à suivre

·
Registered
2020 H-D LiveWire
40 Posts
So, what I ended up doing is ordering a rear fender for the LiveWire One. No cut out and dealer assures me it will fit. Part is back-ordered but I expect it by the end of March. Dealer told me the MSRP is $300.20 US, but my cost after MVP discount is 355.20. I'll let you know hoe it goes once I get it installed.

·
Registered
2020 H-D LiveWire
40 Posts
So, what I ended up doing is ordering a rear fender for the LiveWire One. No cut out and dealer assures me it will fit. Part is back-ordered but I expect it by the end of March. Dealer told me the MSRP is $300.20 US, but my cost after MVP discount is 355.20. I'll let you know hoe it goes once I get it installed.
SORRY! Typos, my cost after discount was $255.20 US, and I'll let you know how it goes...
I need to learn to proofread before I hit POST.

·
Registered
182 Posts
CrossBones, do you have a web link for the fender? Or was this based off a phone call / in-person order?
I really dislike the hole too, but I hate to bugger it up with a so-so solution. I like what you found.
Given the rain, sand on the roads... riding on Cape Cod, MA almost demands the hole be plugged if you don't want your LW to look like you never wash it. Thanks for the lead!

·
Registered
2020, Harley Davidson LiveWire
198 Posts
CrossBones, do you have a web link for the fender? Or was this based off a phone call / in-person order?
I really dislike the hole too, but I hate to bug it up with a so-so solution. I like what you found.
Given the rain, sand on the roads...riding on Cape Cod, MA almost demands the hole be plugged if you don't want your LW to look like you never wash it. Thanks for the lead!
I have not fully followed this convo... but have you tried shiftkoncepts ?
I've purchased all their 3D parts except the plate frame and plug and they are all pretty nice.
I run a shorty fender when it's dry, so I don't bother with the plug and I made a translucent cover so I could still see the tire.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Tcypher, looks like a good alternative.
Had to laugh at the items for sale on the site. Items either block the back wheel from trashing the bike or eliminate half the fender, thus ensuring the bike is nasty after a wet weather ride. I think I'd patch the hole before I'd open up more rear wheel exposure. Given how often it rains here, I need more fender not less.
Thanks for another lead.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Had to laugh at the items for sale on the site. Items either block the back wheel from trashing the bike or eliminate half the fender, thus ensuring the bike is nasty after a wet weather ride. I think I'd patch the hole before I'd open up more rear wheel exposure. Given how often it rains here, I need more fender not less.
Thanks for another lead.
Yeah, I don't even ride with a fender if it's dry (which is roughly 4-5 months of my Lat/Lon year.) I prefer the appearance.
I only got the shorty, in case I have local popo challenges, then I can at least put that one on and have an appearance closer to my preference.

·
Registered
2020 H-D LiveWire
40 Posts
I really dislike the hole too, but I hate to bugger it up with a so-so solution. I like what you found.
Given the rain, sand on the roads... riding on Cape Cod, MA almost demands the hole be plugged if you don't want your LW to look like you never wash it. Thanks for the lead!
I'm sorry, I do not have a web link, I visited the dealer (Seacoast Harley-Davidson/LiveWire, N. Hampton, NH) in person. I can't say for certain, but based on my receipt from the dealer, it looks to me like the part number is 59501010. I don't know if there's a LiveWire dealer that's closer to you, but you might be able to get one through Boston Harley-Davidson as they're in the same ownership group as Seacoast.

·
Registered
2020 H-D LiveWire
40 Posts
I have not fully followed this convo... but have you tried shiftkoncepts ?
I've purchased all their 3D parts except the plate frame and plug and they are all pretty nice.
I run a shorty fender when it's dry, so I don't bother with the plug and I made a translucent cover so I could still see the tire.
I bought the ShiftKoncepts hole cover and was not impressed, so I never put it on. See my earlier post (Rear hugger cut out - any one found an off the shelf...) for pix and more.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah, I don't even ride with a fender if it's dry (which is roughly 4-5 months of my Lat/Lon year.) I prefer the appearance.
I only got the shorty, in case I have local popo challenges, then I can at least put that one on and have an appearance closer to my preference.
So you relocated your license plate and brake lights with the items on the site you linked? What are you doing for brake / turn lamps?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thanks for another lead.
Yeah, I don't even ride with a fender if it's dry. I prefer the appearance.
I only got the shorty, in case I have local popo challenges, then I can at least put that one on and have an appearance closer to my prefrence.
I bought the ShiftKoncepts hole cover and was not impressed, so I never put it on. See my earlier post (Rear hugger cut out - any one found an off the shelf...) for pix and more.
Thanks for the notes.
I just looked at your link. I can see where the outside install would potentially be a problem with forced air pushing it away from the cavity.
As for the build quality, I guess there, I'm in the camp of it's a raw 3D print which still needs cleaning up (since the developer is not doing it.)

41 - 60 of 68 Posts